Good old fender benders, the all-time favorite accident that happens in parking lots! All kinds o drivers are either pulling in or out of a parking space. Sometimes their focus is off, sometimes their averaging skills are off, or sometimes they’re just horrible drivers! The damage is usually minimal, especially since the collision is low-speed. Either way, you need to know what you should so if you do get into an accident in a parking lot. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, you need to pull the cars out of the way if you can.
- If you can’t, you need to put its emergency flashers on and leave the car immediately.
- Then, you need to call for immediate medical assistance is anybody has been injured.
- Now, you need to call the proper authorities. Dial the police.
- You also need to contact your insurance company.
- If you have a camera or a cell phone with a camera, then take pictures.
- After that, you need to remember to take the name, contact information and insurance information of the other driver(s).
- You also need to get the names and contact information for the witnesses (if there are any).
- You then need to take note of details surrounding the incident – “time, date, location, weather conditions and parking lot conditions”.
- Finally, if you think that the damages are extensive or if you are injured, then call an attorney.
We hope these tips can help you in the event that you, a family member or a friend are faced with a fender bender or any other type of accident in a parking lot, or in any other area. If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options, parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind, knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.