Parallel Parking: The “S” Method And Exiting A Parallel Park
- First, you need to turn your signal on and pull up at least 3 ft. away from the vehicle you wish to park behind. Ensure that you align your back tires with the tires of the bumper of the other vehicle.
- Go into reverse gear and turn your wheels all the way to the right.
- Now, slowly reverse until you are at a 45-degree angle, then stop.
- After that, you can turn back your wheels, all the way to the left and slowly reverse until you are parallel with the curb.
- You should be under twelve inches away from the curb.
Now, here are some instructions you can use to help you to exit a parallel parking spot when you’re ready to go…
- Reverse straight, as far as possible, without touching the car behind you.
- Then turn your wheels all the way to the left and put your car into drive.
- Put on your signal and take a look at the traffic and look at the blind spot as well.
- Ensure that your right fender has enough room to clear the car in the front of you.
- Slowly turn your wheels to the right, when you’re just about halfway out of the parking spot.
If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes, then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options and parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.