Some Great Tips To Help You Park Legally
Yes, we know – parking can be a hassle, especially if it is that you’re not parking in a parking garage or lot. If you’re parking on the street, you definitely don’t want to get in trouble with the law. You don’t want to get a parking ticket or get towed or something like that. So, here is a list of ways that you can stay on the right side of the law when it comes to parking.
- Always ensure that you look at least 100 feet in both directions from the spot that you want to park in, to check for any parking signs. Remember to report defaced or missing signs as well.
- Be aware of the 72 Hour Maximum. This may not apply to all areas, but if you see that there aren’t any restrictions for the area, like permit zones or meters, then you can park your vehicle in that spot for 72 hours.
- Make sure your wheels are within 18 inches of the curb when you’re parallel parking.
- Always make sure that you face the flow of traffic when you’re parking.
- Don’t let your front or rear bumpers extend into a driveway, color zone or crosswalk when you’re parking.
- If you don’t have a permit, don’t park your car in a permit are for more than 1 or 2 hours.
- You can park your vehicle after sweeping has been done or as long as your vehicle doesn’t block the path of the street sweeping truck.
If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes, then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options and parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.