Steps For Parking Backward With A Manual Transmission
Parking backward is even more difficult than the regular, forward parking that you’re used to, not to mention the difficulties you may experience when parking backward with a manual transmission. If you’re a relatively new driver, then that might be an even trickier task for you. That’s why we advise that you read this post so you can get some guidance for parking backward with your manual transmission.
- First, you need to shift your transmission into reverse before you back u into the spot, once you’re within car’s length of the spot.
- Keep your foot on the brakes and press slightly, so that you can maintain control of your car while you reverse into the spot.
- Make sure that you’re turning your steering wheel in the opposite direction than you want the car to go, while revering. This is definitely going to be a bit tricky, but you just have to remember that to go left, you’ll have to turn the steering wheel to the right, vice versa.
- Now, you can check your mirrors or look behind you and begin to slowly moving backwards to pull into the spot.
- When your car is finally positioned in the parking space you want, then press the brake until the car halts completely.
- Last, but not least, shift your gear into park and then firmly set the parking brake in place.
If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options and parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.