Steps For Properly Parking Forward With Automatic Transmission
Most people who’ve just gotten their licenses probably aren’t the best driver out there, so they may experience a little difficulty in parking. If you’ve got an automatic transmission vehicle, you should take a look at these steps that can help you to successfully forward park your vehicle.
- First, you need to slowly steer your car into the direction of the spot. Try not to drive faster than 5 miles per hour.
- Forward parking is easy to do if you’re directly in front of the space, but if you are trying to move into a space with two cars which are vertical to you, it will be more of a challenge. The challenge is to create an arc wide enough for you to turn into the space.
- What you’ve got to do is to keep your foot slightly pressed on the brake so that you can stay in control of the car while it’s moving in.
- Also, quickly start turning the wheel in the wheel’s direction. That way, you’ll be able to comfortably slide into the spot.
- Finally, you can shift your gear into Park and set your parking brake.
If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options and parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.