The Best Parking Tips For Avoiding Car Theft
- Make sure that when you’re parked, you don’t have your valuable exposed. Conceal them within the car so that thieves don’t see the items and feel tempted to steal them.
- Try to park your car in the light, because it leaves less hiding spots for thieves to do their dirty work.
- Always attempt to park where people are present. A good place to park is in an attended lor or in an area with many people walking around. That seems to ward off thieves.
- Ensure that your windows are rolled up completely. You don’t want to leave it a crack open, letting thieves insert objects into your car that can open the door. It’s always better to have a hot car than to have your car stolen.
- Carry your registration with you when you leave home, so that car thieves will have a problem transferring your car to a new owner when selling it.
- Make sure that you park rear-wheel-drive vehicles by backing them into the parking spot and ensure that the transmission is in park. This way, thieves can’t use a tow truck to reach the drive wheels, making it harder to tow.
- Always set your parking brake, so that you can protect you care from getting towed, despite the fact that they may have even be lifted from the ground by the tow truck.
- Make sure you never hide away your spare keys in your vehicle, because car thieves may very likely know about the usual hiding spots.
- Don’t forget to lock the doors. Even though this should be pretty obvious, you need to ensure that you keep them locked and keep your vehicle secured.
If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options and parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.