Tips For Choosing A Parking Spot
Here are some general tips that can be of great assistance in guiding you with parking in areas like shopping center car parks. Read them below and follow them the next time you are looking to park in such a place:
- If you see a vehicle with a car seat inside it, don’t park on the side that the car seat is on. Chances are, if the young child returns to the car and he/she opens the door, the poor little thing will have no clue about how carefully he/she should open the door. The child may open it quickly and forcefully, causing it to hit your car.
- Don’t park by a very big vehicle, such as a 4WD, a van or a truck, that may block your view when you want to leave the parking spot.
- Park some distance from other cars if the park car is generally empty. This will help to ensure that your car is less likely to be targeted by car thieves.
- Park in an area that you know will be well-lit, if you presume that you will be coming to retrieve your car at night.
- Never park and try taking up two parking spots – another vehicle will try to squeeze in between you and the other parked vehicle.
- Try not to park on the street at night, but if there’s no space in a lot and you must park on the street, do it in such a way that your car is parked in the right direction. Park your car so that its tail lights can reflect the headlights or oncoming vehicles so they can more easily avoid you.
Our services can also be really helpful to you. If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options, parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind, knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.