Tips For Vehicle Security When Parking
Here are some things you should keep in mind to keep your vehicle and yourself safe and sound when parking. Pay attention to them and follow them, because they just might save you a whole lot of money and heartache. Read on:
- Lock your car up and take the keys with you. That way, you can avoid the unspoken invitation to a car thief.
- Don’t forget to lock the trunk or tailgate too.
- Close all the windows completely so that expert car thieves cannot use their instruments to get into those cracks in the window in order to unlock your car.
- Make sure you shut your vent or wind-wing windows tight too.
- Do not leave cameras, phones, gift-wrapped packages or any other valuables lying on the seat – that’s tempting too.
- Lock your valuable items away or carry them with you.
- Don’t think “I’m only making a quick stop – I don’t have to lock the car,” because that’s just what car thieves want.
- Don’t leave your vehicle in an unattended parking lot for very long periods of time.
- Try to park in a lot where you don’t have to leave your keys. However, if you must leave them, leave only the ignition key.
- Park in areas that have good lighting and lots of people around when it’s night time.
We know these tips will be helpful to you. They will ensure your safety and the safety of your car too. Our services can also be really helpful to your lifestyle. If you are looking for Ottawa parking for your car and monthly parking passes then give us a call to discuss the various Ottawa parking options, parking lots and parking spaces we have available. We have affordable monthly parking passes all across the city so you can be close to work and avoid parking tickets in Ottawa with the peace of mind, knowing that your car is safe while parked in your monthly parking space in Ottawa.